Monday 31 March 2014

5 products I can't live without...

 
I had to really think about this post as there is so many things I use & treasure every day that narrowing them down to just 5 was so hard!
Since it's the end of the month I thought I'd do a little twist on the regular monthly favs.
But I managed to narrow it down & here are the lucky chosen 5...

Lip balms
These are essential for me. I have really dry lips all year round so having a lip balm to hand is so important to me. I'm one of those people that if something is annoying me then my mind focuses on that one thing, nothing else. It like magnifies in my head & I literally can't think of anything but that one thing. So if I have slightly dry lips all I can focus on is them; I literally sit licking, rubbing & stretching my mouth & my lips always end up getting more dry/sore but I can't stop! It's like an addiction once you get into the dry lips//licking them//lips getting more dry//so you lick them more etc loop! You get my point now. So having a good, moisturising lip balm in my bag everyday or in the car is a life saver for me. If I find I don't have one for some reason then I will have to go out & buy one. No questions. So my collection has grown quite a bit over the years, the bottom of every bag I own is full of random lip balms. I must have 100s!
Some of my favourites makes include Cocoa Butter; Carmex; The Body Shop & surprisingly Boots own make lip balms in strawberry & mint are actually one of the best I've found! Plus they're only £1! Bargain! 

Water Bottle
Everyone knows the importance of drinking enough water & keeping hydrated through out the day so I always carry a water bottle with me every where. It's especially essential I have one as I go to the gym everyday & studying for my gym instructor course I'm constantly moving & being active.
If I get in the car & realise I have no bottle then I literally panic. Like the lip balm, I will have to go out & buy a bottle of water. So I now at this moment, have around 4 empty bottles in the car & 3 in my bedroom so I always have a bottle to hand to fill up! I think I even have one in my gym bag as well, just in case I don't have enough already!

Spotty
I can hear some of you going 'Eh, Spotty? What the heck is that?'
Well, it is my toy dog I sleep with every night. Yes you read that right, I'm 20 & I still have to sleep with a toy every night. Guilty
If anyone from the 90's will remember 'Spot the dog'; Lovable yellow dog who would go on adventures with his friends in a series of books, and I'm sure there was a few videos as well?
The photo on the left is when he was fairly new/clean; compare to the right when he has been well loved for 20 years!
So 'Spotty' is a Spot the dog toy. I got him when I was born & would sleep with him every night. I literally couldn't sleep if I didn't have him & even to this day if I'm stressed or upset then his smell (Is that weird that he has a certain special smell to me?!) will instantly chill me out. When I was little I would take him every where with me, so we had a fair few stressful days trying to find him when I left him somewhere! But thankfully I grew out of that phase, but he's always sat on my bed on a night!
I can 100% say that I have never, in my life spent a night without him! Hand on heart! And yes it has been an awkward talking point with past boyfriends... 

Trainers
Now I was going to go for my gym membership as I would literally be lost if I couldn't go workout every day; but then I realised that stupidly I don't need a gym to exercise, Duuhhh! You just need a pair of trainers & some music then you're set. Running, biking or hiking cost nothing & can all be done outside in the fresh air; which will benefit you more anyway. Even weight lifting/strength workouts can be improvised at home or outside. Tins of beans, heavy candles, logs, tyres, bags of sand etc the list is endless of things you can use!
So if I didn't have my trainers to comfortably workout in then I would be a very lost, sad bunny.
Exercising is a huggeee part of my life; it is my version of happy therapy. It's my time to de-stress, clear my mind, boost my mood & make me feel good. Nothing like a superwoman feeling when you lift some heavy weights, oh yeahhh!
So you could probably say this one is actually 'Exercise' but the post is on products so I went with trainers as they are obviously essential to workout with. 

Earphones//Music
This one is probably the same for so many people. Music is something I can't go a day without listening too so having a pair of earphones on me is essential. You don't want to annoy anyone by playing your music out loud! A couple of times I've gone to get my headphones out for the gym & realised they're in my room at home & I have literally stood silent screaming. The thought of doing a workout without music blasting in my ears makes me breakout in a cold sweat! Anyone try doing cardio in silence? It is pure torture & boredom.
So without my earphones & being unable to listen to my music, I am again a very lost, sad bunny!

Until next time
Love

2 comments:

  1. i completely agree about lipbalms! i always have one in my bag and one on my bedside table, i literally cant sleep if ive not applied it first! i find the harsh winds in manchester really chap my lips so i always need a good one on hand to apply! id love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/a-week-of-instagram-8.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the worst feeling having dry lips, especially during this horrible cold/windy weather. Never been to Manchester but I can imagen the city wind being bad! Not to mention dry lips with lipstick is a massive no so theres another reason I always need a lip balm!

    Stephanie XOX

    ReplyDelete