Monday 3 March 2014

Amazing Apple Cider Vinegar


I randomly stumbled across Apple Cider Vinegar & it's amazing benefits a few years ago when I was going on a fortnight holiday to America.
I hold my hands up & admit that I am a big sun lover *guilty face* Loving nothing better than lying in the sun with a floppy hat, sunglasses & a pile of good books/magazines. That's maybe the only reason I go on abroad. I'd like to say I go to look at the amazing sites & culture, but I hate to admit I'm more excited for the hot weather & sun. I'm normally very good at remembering to apply suncream & not burning, but there's always those annoying places I burn despite this like shoulders, between my boobs, nose to name a few. I always end up with the dreaded peeling tan, every persons nightmare. This not only looks horrible but makes my hard worked tan goes all patchy :(
So I was googling ways to prevent tan from peeling & I found an article from a girl claiming that if she ever got sun burnt, her secret was to apply & rub A.C.V into her skin. She said it took away the stinging, prevented that tight feeling by adding/ locking moisture into the skin & prevented it from peeling. I kept this little gem in the back of my head & when we arrived in America I made sure that one of the first things I purchased was a little bottle of A.C.V from Walmart.
I was dubious to whether I would actually see anything from the vinegar but I was open minded & OMG I was blown away.
Unsurprisingly I got burnt on the tops of my shoulders within the first couple days, so when I showered that night I rubbed in some A.C.V & prepared to be amazed. Yes it smelt very strong of vinegar, surprise surprise, but after it dried then the smell completely disappeared. My skin instantly stopped stinging which was amazing enough, but when it would normally start peeling it didn't! No dreaded peel, just flawless, even tan! I was instantly hooked from then on & started to look more into A.C.V & it's uses/benefits.
This is a post is going to be on the amaziiinngggg benefits of the little gem that is Apple Cider Vinegar & why everyone should have a bottle on hand.
  • Toner: Applying some to a cotton pad & gently wiping it over your face is a cheap alternative to a store bought toner & is just as effective. It can help get rid of bacteria on your face that cause spots & blemishes; while it also helps lock in moisture so you don't get that uncomfortable, dry feeling you sometimes get with toners. It has no chemicals so is okay to use with sensitive skin, but if you find the acidity/smell too strong for you then simply dilute with water.
  • Bath soak: Adding a couple of cup fulls of vinegar to your bath can help the body to become more alkaline; too much partying, alcohol, sugar, processed food & caffeine can make your body overly acidic so the vinegar can help regulate your body & remove some of the acidity. It can also help fight urinary infections & even arthritis!
  • Clarifying hair wash: Mixing the vinegar with water & applying it to your hair before you shampoo can help remove any residue build up in your hair without stripping it of healthy moisture. Some clarifying shampoos can dry your hair out & make it brittle but this gently removes the build up without any damage.
  • Hair spray for oil removing & added shine: Again mixing part vinegar & part water in a spray bottle, spraying in wet hair can detangle, defrizz & add shine when you dry  & style your hair. Also if you spray it on dry hair, massaging it into the scalp & rough drying your hair can remove any hair oils, acting like a wet version of dry shampoo, revamping hair & giving it longer between washes.
  • Mouthwash: Just like you would mouthwash, take a shot of vinegar & swill it around your mouth for a minute then spit it out. Doing this helps remove any odour & bacteria that can hang around causing bad breathe. You just need to get used to the taste of the vinegar as it's very different from your normal, minty mouthwash taste! You could try diluting with water or ordinary mouthwash if you prefer though.
  • Morning shot: This will definitely take some getting used to & is not for the faint hearted. However the benefits are so worth that couple of seconds of bitter taste! Trust me! Taking a shot of vinegar can help kick start your digestive system & cleanse it, helping get everything moving down below. It helps remove toxins, keeps your skin clear from the inside & helps your hair grow through shiny & strong. Alternatively you can consume it by adding it to salads, soups, sauces etc if you can't face taking a vinegar shot! You only need 1 tbsp a day to see benefits.
Until next time
Love
 

No comments:

Post a Comment