Sunday 23 March 2014

Tattoo Wishlist...

 

This is a bit of a different, unusual post that I have for you today. But tattoos are a big part of my life & I thought I'd shake up my blog content a little bit & give you all something different to read! I already have 3 tattoos, & obviously by the title you can guess I plan on getting a lot more!
I love tattoos & find nothing more fascinating than hearing the stories & different reasons behind peoples designs. I think they're all so beautiful in their own way & such a unique way of expressing yourself.
So many people say they're 'lower class' & what happens if you end up regretting them? 
Well if people don't like tattoos then fine, that's their opinion & I would never try to force my own on anyone, but to judge someone & be that narrow minded about a bit of ink on someones skin then I don't really want to be associated with anyone like that anyway. Personality comes from within, not on the outside. Someone can be covered in ink & have wacky piercings but have the most amazing, kind, heartfelt personality; just like someone can wear very reserved clothes & look very respectable but be the rudest, self centred person ever. Don't judge a book by its cover!
And as for regretting them; if I'm an old woman & the only thing I'm worrying about is how my tattoos look then I'll be a very happy girl indeed! As long as I'm happy, have my health & family when I'm old then that's all I need!

Now rant over; onto the main post!

Half Mandala Cuff
 I have wanted a cuff design for absolutely ages for my right wrist as I plan on turning it into a half sleeve maybe. I find mandala designs so beautiful/meaningful & Beautycrush has the perfect half one on her wrist. I want something very similar.


Little Smiley Face
People might laugh at this but I really want a little tattoo somewhere I will catch a glimpse of & remind me to just smile. I have overcome a lot of private things in my life & I sometimes need reminding to just smile & be thankful for everything I have in life; like friends, family & my health. Having a little cheesy tattoo like this would be perfect!



Small Owl
My mum has a big oobsession with owls & every time I see one it makes me smile & think of her. I love all these little owl designs & would love one to remind me of her as she is my best friend & she means the world to me. I already have some song lyrics on my forearm from a song she would sing to me as a baby to get me to sleep & it always makes me think of her.


Paintbrush/Pencil
My sister has always been interested & loved art. I can't remember a time she didn't have a pencil or paintbrush in her hand or she wasn't sat somewhere drawing. Ask me one thing that sums up my sister its art, or cats as she also has an obsession with them. She has an insane 'pencil' collection; yes that's right!; & we have visited the Pencil Museum in the Lake District near enough 10+ times now. Dedication on my part there! So having a tattoo like these would just be my sister in tattoo form. Love them!

 
Feather
Yes feather tattoos are very 'cliche white female' but I can't get over how beautiful & delicate the designs can look if done right. I'd love a beautifully detailed feather piece as I think it would look absolutely gorgeous. Just finding the perfect design! I always liked the idea of a peacock feather as the colours & patterns are just breathtaking. Maybe adding one into my sleeve?


Sugar Skull
I think sugar skulls are another design that can look so beautiful & intriguing when they are done with such care & detail. I'd love to incorporate one into sleeve as these designs below look so perfect!

 
Arrow
I think the meaning behind arrow tattoos is so meaningful & it literally sums my life up so well. To shoot an arrow you have to pull it back for it to shoot forward towards its target; so you have to experience the pull back first in life to be shot forward into amazing, better things!


I have so many more designs & ideas I want; so this is just a beginning post. Hopefully I can come back later in the year & tick some of these off!

If any of you have any tattoos or designs they want then let me know in the comments. I love hearing about them!

Until next time
Love

 

2 comments:

  1. i really love the feather and arrow ideas! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/a-week-of-instagram-7.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how delicate & beautiful feather tattoos can look. I did want a massive peacock feather on my foot but I think maybe my left forearm or incorporated into my right sleeve. I have some deciding haha
      Love
      Stephanie XOX

      Delete