Friday 14 February 2014

Current favourites #1

Happy Valentine Day cupcakes!
Doesn't matter if you're in a relationship or not, go out & show the world some love <3 If you didn't receive anything from a S.O, then spoil yourself instead!
This post is going to be on my current loves. I never have much change with things I use day to day, as when I find something that I like & works for me then I tend to stick to it. I'm not someone who switches up their routine a lot. If a new product comes out that has amazing reviews then I may be persuaded to try it but normally I just stick to my trusty regulars. So these sorts of posts will be rare from me unless I have some kick ass new favourites I'm dying to share!


1. Scrunchies:
I have been wearing nothing but scrunchies in my hair now for months, how they've gone out of fashion I'll never know! They are so perfect to use & so easy to style. They spice up any hair style in seconds & come in a million different colours/textures so go with literally any outfit. They are the most versatile accessories, wearing with pyjamas to just keep your hair out your face to a night out with a cute high ponytail.
Mine are just a pack of plain black ones from Primark. Only a couple of pounds so they are well worth stocking up on! I wear mine all the time in the gym to keep my hair out my face & they never slip or become lose when I'm working out. They also don't damage your hair with any hard metal joins so another bonus!

2. Sainsburys Orange & Mango teabags:
Now if anyone knows me then they'll understand my obsession with tea. Any flavoured/green/black/white etc tea & I'm all over it! However I don't like builders tea, with milk for some reason? I recently tried these Sainsburys orange & mango ones as they were cheap (80p!) & I wasn't disappointed. I have to be careful with fruity teas as they can be to weak & bland for my taste buds but these were perfect. They had a strong fruity flavour that was sweet enough to not need any for of extra sweetener. The teabag also didn't rip or tear which can sometimes happen with cheap brands. For the price I will definitely be re purchasing these & trying some of the other flavours they have. I already have a box of chamomile teabags waiting for me after I finish these!

3. Cross trainer:
If you read my previous posts you'll know I had a bit of trouble with some muscle pain from my running. I have cut out using the treadmill for maybe a month to try & let my pinching muscle heal itself so I switched to the cross trainer as an alternative. I love using the cross trainer as I can switch the resistance & use different profiles (e.g Random, Cardio, Fat loss, Incline etc) to keep my workouts varied & stop them from becoming boring. As I'm not as used to the cross trainer as I am running, using this makes my heart rate increase higher & I feel like I get more out of my workout. I can really feel it working my legs, primarily the glutes so hopefully it will help me improve my poor excuse for a bum!

4. Herbal Essences Bee Strong Hair Mask:
I am a big fan of thick, luxurious feeling hair masks as I have previously abused my hair with many heated appliance & buckets of bleach (guilty!) so my hair is now very dry & frizzy. Especially the ends. So I always like to use a thick conditioner/mask to help fight my frizz & prevent further damage. I thought I'd give this a go as I love most Herbal Essences products & it's formulated to help strengthen damaged/dry hair so I thought why not. Firstly the smell! It has the most heavenly smell, like milk & honey. Secondly it left my hair feeling so soft & smooth when it was dried. Bye bye frizz! My hair can also be a pain for getting knotty but I found it much easier to drag a brush through it after using this mask. Again for the price, quality & the amount of product you get in one pot (a little goes a long way) I will definitely be repurchasing. However be warned it is quite thick, so if you have greasy/fine hair then this maybe isn't for you.


5. Dry Shampoo:
This has literally been my saviour the last few months! I could not live without it! It has got me through many bad hair days when I just don't have time to wash/dry my hair (I always shower though I promise!) A quick spray on my roots, rub in & throw my hair up in a messy bun & I almost look presentable. In a no effort/but did actually make an effort way. My current favourites are Batiste (spray) & Lush 'No drought' (lose powder) If anyone wants a review on either of these I will do!

Until next time
Love
 


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thankyou so much! That means a lot :)
      I just followed you

      Stephanie XOX

      Delete