Wednesday 9 April 2014

Dead Sea Black Mud Mask Soap Review


Dead Sea Black Mud Mask Review
The Dead Sea has long been a source of health and beauty and possesses properties that may help with skin ailments like eczema, acne, psoriasis, stimulate blood circulation and restore water to body cells.

Dead Sea Natural Black Mud Mask Soap is made according to an old family recipe using olive, palm, coconut and vegetable oil. It is free of detergents and animal fat and filled with the unique minerals of the Dead sea.
Dead Sea Natural Black Mud Mask Soap is pure and unperfumed, this soap removes dead skin cells and impurities.

I had never heard of this brand before Christmas; but when I was browsing my local boots this little beauty caught my eye. I was actually looking at the Dove soaps & trying to decide whether I needed a new one or not; but this box on the shelf below drew my attention. Reading the description on on the back instantly interested me as it is all natural products, unperfumed & is specially formulated for eczema, acne, psoriasis.
I occasionally get the bad breakout & I used to suffer from bad eczema, especially around my eyes so I thought this soap could be a god sent. I find that soaps can be very drying for my skin but as this one said it is specific to tackle these dry skin ailments then I thought it might just work for my skin. Even though it is slightly more expensive, trust me it is worth the extra pennies!

First the appearance. It is a dark grey/black soap that is around the size of your palm; so a decent size. It doesn't have an offencive, over powering smell, just clean unscented so you don't get that nasty perfumy/flowery smell you can get with soaps.

When I first used it, it foamed up beautifully & came off as quite a thick, grayish froth. I had a full face of make up that day & it took everything off without a problem. Even my mascara, which can be a pain sometimes. Obviously as it's soap, if you get it in your eye then it will sting so just be careful around your eyes! I would suggest taking any eye makeup off; first then using this to cleanse after. When I have a pretty natural face of makeup, or nothing at all then just one wash with this soap works fine. But if you have a lot of heavy makeup on then I would suggest going in again after the initial wash to double cleanse, just to make sure your face is 100% clean.

As it says it's a mask soap; I have a few times left it on while in the bath for a few minutes before washing it off. It sort of dries on your face, making your skin feel tight like you have very dry skin until you wash it off. I don't know whether this benefits me anymore by leaving it on, as I saw or felt no noticeable difference but others may find it does help.

Now I always seem to have at least a couple of spots on the go, only little ones but they can still be annoying. Since using this soap, I haven't had any! Ones or twice around the 'time of the month' then I've had maybe one little spot that has disappeared overnight, majorly less than my normal bigger breakouts which can last the whole week! I also haven't found my eyes have been as dry. Normally I have to use a heavy eye cream before my makeup but now I just use a little bit extra of my normal moisturiser & I'm all set. I can't sing this soaps praises enough! It has thoroughly helped my skin out. I even sometimes use it on my body as I can sometimes get an allergic flare up of eczema on my arms, but I no longer get any after using this soap. So anyone suffering from body acne or dry skin then this is also perfect for you!
I have been using this since November so a good 4ish months & I can honestly say this is one of the best face cleansers/soaps I have used.
Next time you're in a Boots then definetly check this soap out. The brand has a couple of other skin care soaps& other natural products like bath salts & shampoo so I'd be curious as to whether these work just as well!

Hope you all enjoyed this review!
What's your favourite face cleanser you're loving at the moment?

Until next time
Love
 

1 comment:

  1. I am from Jordan, and i am using dead sea products since i was 12. There are no better products for your skin in the world, black mad is pure magic, love it!

    ReplyDelete